Since 1992, FOKUS Vysočina, an independent legal entity, has been dedicated to providing social care services to persons with mental illness in form of nonhospital rehabilitations. It is a voluntary association on a mission to support persons with a mental health condition or disabilities and encourage them to be selfreliant and confident to live their lives to the fullest. The members of the association are the clients of its services, their family, qualified workers and people who care about persons with mental illnesses.
1992 – The Association is established in Želiva. Gradually, in Želiva and later in Havlíčkův Brod and Pelhřimov, sheltered workshops are set up.
1995- Social services are transferred to Havlíčkův Brod and Pelhřimov. To this day, in these centres the range of services is the largest.
2001-2002 – FOKUS Vysočina and other nonprofit organizations in Vysočina region establish voluntary centres which stimulate the development of voluntary programmes in the regions of Havlíčkův Brod, Pelhřimov, Chotěboř and Hlinsko. Since 2004 the centres have been accredited by the Ministry of the Interior of the Czech Republic.
2004 – FOKUS Vysočina expands its activities to Chotěboř by taking over the care centre for persons with mental, physical impairments or the combination of both. Shortly after that, there are launched field social services intended for persons with mental illness.
– A new centre providing service to persons with mental illness is established in Hlinsko. A part of the centre activities is a voluntary programme.
2006 – Thanks to the grant received from Joint Regional Operational Programme, the range of services is expanded by the Supported employment team which focuses on increasing the employment of the people with disabilities in the region of Havlíčkův Brod and Pelhřimov.
2007- In accordance with the Act No. 108/2006 Coll., on social services, FOKUS Vysočina provides the following social services: social rehabilitations (H. Brod, Pelhřimov, Chotěboř,Hlinsko), sheltered housing (H. Brod, Pelhřimov), social-therapeutic workshops (H. Brod, Pelhřimov), care centre (Chotěboř).
2008 – In September, a personal assistance service is established in the care centre of Chotěboř. The service focuses on the persons with mental or combined impairments. In 2010, 20 years passed since founding the network of FOKUS centres in the Czech Republic.
– We celebrated the 20th anniversary of founding FOKUS Vysočina as the independent legal entity.
– In November, a peer consultant, a person with a personal experience with a mental health condition, started to work in our team in Hlinsko.
- 1st January, the Act No. 89/2012 Coll., civil code, came into force. Under the act, the societies are considered to be associations. Therefore FOKUS Vysočina became the association. In July, the sheltered workshops were separated and with its employees formed a new legal entity Chráněné dílny Fokus Vysočina s.r.o.
– In February, a community sheltered housing is opened in Havlíčkův Brod. Its capacity is 12 persons with mental illness. It is the only facility of this kind in Vysočina.
2016 – On 1st July, the legal status is changed. FOKUS Vysočina becomes a registered institution. Since July, in cooperation with psychiatric hospital Havlíčkův Brod, there has been a field social team consisting of field psychiatric nurses, social workers and psychiatrist.
Beside services focusing on the improvement of social skills, FOKUS offers the services of helping people with the workplace integration. The institution operates eight sheltered workshops where mostly people with mental or other disability are employed. The work in the sheltered workshops is connected with the programmes of supported employment on the open market.
Our services passed the Quality Standard inspections in years:
2008 – Community Team – social rehabilitation Pelhřimov
– Care centre Chotěboř
– Sheltered workshops Havlíčkův Brod
– Social-therapeutic workshop Pelhřimov
2013 – Social-therapeutic workshop Havlíčkův Brod
2016 – Community Team – social rehabilitation Hlinsko